Who we are
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS) is a professional body and regulator created by Royal Charter and having our chief office at CA House, 21 Haymarket Yards, Edinburgh EH12 5BH, United Kingdom.
This notice explains ICAS’ approach to the personal information we handle in carrying out our duties as a professional body and regulator of Chartered Accountants.
ICAS is fully committed to handling personal information in accordance with data protection legislation and best data protection practices. This means that your personal information will be:
- Processed lawfully, fairly, and in a transparent manner.
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes.
- Only collected so far as required for our lawful purposes.
- As accurate and up to date as possible.
- Retained for a reasonable period of time, in accordance with retention policies.
- Processed in a manner which ensures an appropriate level of security.
Whether through this notice or otherwise, we hope to ensure that everyone has a good understanding of why ICAS processes personal information and, where we do, the rights they may have.