We are a progressive practice based in Edinburgh and have a wide ranging and growing client base throughout the UK.
We have a superb opportunity for you to start your career in an accountancy practice, by completing a Graduate Apprenticeship course. The Graduate Apprenticeship course will lead to a BA (Hons) Accounting from Robert Gordon University. This will lead to it being an ICAS accredited work-based learning programme that combines the honours degree award from Robert Gordon University and the ICAS Chartered Accounting qualification (CA) starting in September 2020.
During your training contract you will be exposed to many aspects and areas of accounting. Client contact is important so you will require to be gregarious, with good communication skills and be an active team member.
The formal study element with Robert Gordon University will complement your day-to-day on the job learning.
You will have to work well under pressure.
Skills and personal attributes required are:
- Have 4 SQA Highers (or equivalent) at B grade or above, including Maths and English, Accounting would be an advantage.
- A demonstrable interest in business and financial issues.
- A well-developed sense of client service.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A proactive and analytical approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrate that you are an organised person who can work to deadlines.
- Be good with information technology packages.
- Be able to travel to clients' premises.
- Be willing to travel to Aberdeen to attend University classes 4 times per year.
During your training your computer experience will involve such software as Xero, Excel and specialised accountancy products. The accountancy work will include client month end reconciliations and journal entries. Eventually you will undertake completion of quarterly VAT returns and more complex accountancy works. You will be asked to undertake administrative tasks in our office.
The closing date for applications is 15 June 2020.
Please note that we can only accept applications from persons authorised to work in the UK.