Join Audit Scotland as a Summer Intern
We’re Scotland’s public sector auditor, independent of Government. We employ around 300 exceptional professionals from different backgrounds. We believe that public money should be spent wisely, helping to make the lives of Scotland’s people the best they can be.
It’s important work and you will be a valued part of our audit teams.
More about you
We are looking for third year Accountancy degree (hons) students to assist us in auditing Scottish public sector annual reports and accounts during our summer period. Positions are available in our Glasgow, Edinburgh, Inverness and Aberdeen base locations.
The final accounts period is one of our busiest times and will provide you with a wide variety of work experience that you can use to build your professional development and enhance your skills. This will help you stand out when looking for career opportunities upon graduation.
Our 2020 Summer Internship Scheme will run from June to August 2020. There will also be induction and training days prior to joining. We are looking for candidates with great analytical skills, a good grounding in financial accounting and who are committed to excelling in a challenging and rewarding role.
If you are ambitious and have a passion for helping to improve public services in Scotland, we would like to hear from you. You will need:
- To be a third year accountancy student on track for a minimum 2:1 honours degree
- Strong academic performance in both English and Mathematics
- A good grounding in financial accounting
- To have completed at least one auditing module at University by the end of your third year
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to work well in a team
- Self-awareness and the confidence to work using initiative
- To be disciplined and organised with good project management skills
- The ability to work to deadlines
- To be available to work through June 2020 to August 2020
- To be eligible to work in the UK
What Can We Give to You?
A summer internship with Audit Scotland will give you valuable work experience with fantastic benefits, including:
Valuable public sector audit experience that will make your CV stand out
The potential to fast track to the Interview stage of our Graduate Trainee scheme upon successful completion of the internship
The opportunity to enhance teamworking and communication skills through client interaction and working across different audit teams
Travel opportunities through working across a range of audit clients and sectors
Competitive salary and holiday entitlement
Supportive colleagues available to help day to day
Advanced training on our systems and software to help you feel comfortable upon arrival
Closing date for applications is Monday 13th January 2020 (23.59pm).
Interested? Next steps
We’re keeping this nice and simple - click the apply button, complete the application form and attach a copy of your CV.
Please note that only applications submitted via our careers website will be considered.