Join Audit Scotland with our School Leaver Programme
If you feel university is not for you and you want to enter the world of work while training for a professional accounting qualification, then join us on our five-year school leaver programme. You will earn a competitive salary while gaining vital on-the-job experience as an auditor and studying towards your ICAS qualification with peer support.
We’re Scotland’s public-sector auditor, responsible for ensuring that the Scottish Government and public-sector bodies are held to account for the proper, efficient and effective use of public money. We employ around 280 exceptional professionals from different backgrounds who believe that public money should be spent wisely. We know our important work makes a real difference to the lives of Scotland’s people and you’ll be a valued part of our audit team.
Join us and you’ll:
Get full sponsorship to become a qualified Chartered Accountant with ICAS:
Our school leaver programme includes full sponsorship to become a qualified Chartered Accountant with ICAS. You’ll get a prestigious, internationally recognised qualification, while being involved in varied and interesting work auditing public bodies in Scotland.
Have a career with fantastic benefits and competitive salary which include:
- Competitive salary which will increase on successful completion of exams
- 38 days holiday – which includes 8 floating public holidays
- 4 fixed public holidays
- Flexible working
- Attractive local government pension scheme (17.7% employer contributions)
- Being part of a fantastic team
- Access to mentor support and guidance throughout the programme
- Fantastic career development and job opportunities when you qualify
- Travel – see Scotland as you work on audits across the country
- You’ll also receive a bonus on completion of exams.
More about you
We understand leaving school is a big step and you want to be sure that you make the right career choice. No matter what your background, if you’ve got great analytical skills and are committed to studying for a professional qualification we’ve got real opportunities for you. We will encourage you to grow, develop and excel in a challenging and rewarding role.
As a school leaver you will also join up with our graduate trainees and have peer support while you learn the job and engage with your studies.
You’ll need these skills and qualifications:
- Have achieved or are expected to achieve good results in higher English and Maths (or equivalent) by summer 2019 (any job offer would be conditional on achieving the expected results)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-awareness and confidence to work using initiative
- You work well as part of a team
- Ability to analyse information and think laterally and creatively
- Disciplined and organised with good project management skills
Interested? Next steps
We have a passion for what we do. So, if you think this is career for you then we would love to hear from you!
Click the apply button and complete the application form. We would love to hear examples of any experience you have had whether its paid, voluntary or life experience and how your experience is transferrable to this role.
If you want to be part of how Audit Scotland makes a difference and we think you might have what we need we’ll get together to talk about it. We’ve time over the week commencing 1 April 2019 for interviews.
Please note that only applications submitted via our careers website will be considered.
Closing date for applications is 17 March 2019