Unfortunately you do not meet the selection criteria for this employer and your application will not be submitted.
Entry requirements vary by Employer and so please review other vacancies posted
As one of our trainees, you can play a major part in our ongoing success story. From early on in your time with us, you will be entrusted with real client assignments and real responsibilities, whilst receiving support for your professional qualification.
Qualifying is not just about passing your exams; gaining valuable work experience is of equal importance. You will work in a friendly and progressive environment, within teams of varying sizes on audits and accounts preparation assignments.
There are many factors to consider when reviewing files, and we will introduce you to each part as you progress through your training contract. You will learn what information you need from a client and be trusted to liaise directly with them as required. You may start with audit testing of simpler balances within financial statements, such as Cash at Bank and Share Capital, and then progress to Income and Expenditure testing. You will work on a variety of clients from different industries making for an exciting learning experience. By the end of your three years, you will be comfortable handling whole files by yourself preparing you for progression to Audit Senior.
As well as exciting client work, we offer excellent training and support for your studies. We use first-class tuition centres, alongside our own internally developed technical training programmes, to help you prepare for your examinations. This is supported by our dedicated training team who will monitor your progress throughout your studies.
We promise to enable and empower you to develop personally and professionally throughout your career with us, ensuring future success as a trusted adviser to our clients.
· 2:1 degree (expected or obtained in any discipline)
· Minimum 120 UCAS points or equivalent, gained at one sitting
· Minimum grade B in English Lang and Maths GCSE/Nationals, or equivalent
We offer a 3 year training contract to our trainees with a view to becoming an ICAS qualified accountant.
We are looking for individuals who share our values – those who are Collegiate and Enthusiastic, act with Integrity and strive for Excellence.
The successful applicant will be friendly and approachable with an ambitious and resilient mindset.
We welcome people with a diverse range of skills who thrive when working in close knit teams and are willing to go the extra mile for clients.
You should be self-motivated, display a positive approach to work and strive for high quality in everything you do.
In addition, you should have an awareness of the wider economic context that our clients operate in, demonstrating your commercial awareness.
We expect our prospective trainees to have gained a thorough understanding of what the exams will involve, so please ensure that you have researched the ICAS qualification thoroughly and can convince us that you know what’s involved and the personal commitment that will be required.
· A 35-hour working week with flexibility around the core hours of 10am-4pm, in line with the firm’s comprehensive agile working policy.
· Paid overtime or time off in lieu (pre-approved and only where required).
· Paid study leave (typically 6 weeks per year)
· Twenty days annual leave with an additional day added after each years’ service.
· In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to five days (35 hours) holiday a year.
· Working from home allowance.
· Eligibility for the firm’s Profit-Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year.
· Salary reviews annually in October.
· Six-month probationary period.
· Life assurance cover of four times salary,
· Contributory pension scheme (The firm will contribute 4% of salary on a matched basis with employee from their date of joining)
· Access to a number of additional benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefit programme, which include; health cash plans, health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, dental and travel insurance, Techscheme, Cyclescheme, Gymflex and a Workplace ISA).
· As a firm, we are committed to embracing a diverse and multi-generational workforce. We have initiatives in place to ensure everyone is treated equally, irrespective of their background or any personal characteristics. We strive to ensure that every member of staff is able to work and develop to reach their full potential in an inclusive and respectful culture that celebrates each person’s unique abilities.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
You must sign in to apply for this position.