- CA trainee at Edinburgh Airport based within the Finance Team.
- Scotland’s busiest and fastest growing airport
- UK’s 6th busiest airport
- 13.4m passengers in 2017 and growing
- £250m five-year investment programme underway developing additional retail units, a new departure lounge, improved check-in and immigration facilities
- Owned by a commercially focussed private equity investor incentivising growth, creating an Innovative environment
Edinburgh Airport is looking to recruit a CA trainee to join the Finance Team as it expands to match the airport’s continuing growth.
There is a vast, diverse range of activities at the Airport, including everything from operational activities supporting airlines and passengers, police service, fire safety service, transport links, retail units, car parking and so on. This ensures that the successful candidate would benefit from a unique experience as part of the Edinburgh Airport Finance team, working across our transactional team supporting billing and payments, the financial control team responsible for statutory accounts preparation and cashflow management (amongst many other activities) and the business partnering team providing insight on financial performance to the business.
Experience offered throughout 3-year training programme across various Finance disciplines:
- Statutory accounts preparation
- Management Accounting / Business Partnering
- Financial Control
- Taxation – Direct and Indirect
- Internal Audit
- Treasury function
- Option to specialise in one discipline in final year
We have a high number of Chartered Accountants within Finance team (and outwith Finance team) from Practice and Industry backgrounds to offer support with studies and to learn from day to day
Potential for secondments to other functions within Edinburgh Airport working for other Chartered Accountants, including:
- Commercial team
- Business Planning team
Successful candidate must be:
- A high performer with a strong academic record
- Able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail
- Enthusiastic to learn and to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to communicate confidently and clearly with people from all levels and backgrounds
- Able to work well under pressure
- Studying towards an Honours degree, preferably accountancy or business related, with a predicted grade of 2:1 or better.