Join Audit Scotland as a Graduate Trainee Auditor
Join us and you’ll:
Help audit £40 billion of public money
Audit public services you, your family & friends use everyday
Get full sponsorship to become a qualified Chartered Accountant with ICAS
Receive a starting salary of £22,308* & bonus potential
Have fantastic job opportunities when you qualify
Benefit from flexible working
Travel – see Scotland as you work on audits across the country
We’d love to hear from you if you’re ambitious and have a passion for helping improve public services in Scotland.
We’re Scotland’s public sector auditor, independent of Government. We employ around 280 exceptional professionals from different backgrounds. You don’t need a degree in maths to become an auditor! We all share a belief that public money should be spent wisely, making the lives of Scotland’s people the very best they can be.
It’s important work and you’ll be a valued part of our audit teams.
Training with us
Our Graduate Trainee Scheme includes full sponsorship to become a qualified Chartered Accountant with ICAS. You’ll get a prestigious, internationally recognised qualification, whilst being involved in varied and interesting work auditing public bodies in Scotland.
We’ve vacancies in our Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness and Aberdeen sites.
A career with fantastic benefits including…..
- Competitive starting salary, plus bonuses and salary increments
- A fully sponsored qualification with ICAS to become a Chartered Accountant
- Mentor support and guidance
- 38 days holiday (inclusive of 8 floating public holidays), 4 fixed public holidays, flexi-time and exam leave
- Career development and training opportunities
- Attractive local government pension scheme (17.7% employer contributions)
More about you
Our trainees come from a variety of backgrounds – just graduated, mature students or people looking to change career, from a vast range of degree subjects.
What matters is that you’ve got great analytical skills, are committed to studying for a professional qualification and excel in a challenging and rewarding role.
We have a passion for what we do. And if you think this sounds like the career for you, then we’d like to hear from you. You’ll need these skills and qualifications:
- Educated to degree level with a minimum 2:1 in any subject (or expect to achieve a 2:1 in Summer 2019)
- Strong academic performance in both English and Mathematics
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-awareness and confidence to work using initiative
- Ability to think laterally and creatively
- Disciplined and organised with good project management skills
Interested? Next steps
We’re keeping this nice and simple - click the apply button and complete the application form, please complete the personal statement with examples of previous experience.
Please note that only applications submitted via our careers website will be considered.
Closing date for applications is Monday 28th January 2019 (23.59pm)