We are a progressive practice based in Fife and have a growing client base throughout the country, ranging from individuals and family businesses to professional partnerships and commercial companies. We like to get to know our clients and their business so that we become part of their team. We always want to exceed client expectations.
We have a superb opportunity for you to start your career in an accountancy practice, by completing a Graduate Apprenticeship. The Graduate Apprenticeship in BA (Hons) Accounting with ICAS is an accredited work-based learning programme that combines an honours degree award from Robert Gordon University and the globally recognised ICAS Chartered Accounting qualification (CA) starting in September 2019.
This five year course is funded by Skills Development Scotland (SDS) who will cover all university fees at RGU.
During your training contract you will be exposed to all aspects and areas of accounting and gain experience in both direct and indirect taxation, as well as high levels of client contact.
The formal study element will compliment your day-to-day on the job learning.
You will be able to develop your technical skills in accounting and taxation, as well as your soft skills of communication and team work.
You will work well under pressure and be strong at communicating with people from a variety of backgrounds. You must be able to multi-task and have a strong desire to learn. This is a fast pace working environment and only those who are dedicated and self motivated will succeed.
In addition, you will share our values, be approachable and able to work collaboratively, and demonstrate a desire to contribute to the ongoing success of the firm.
Skills and personal attributes required:
- Have 4 SQA highers (or equivalent) at B grade or above, including Maths and English, Accounting would be an advantage.
- A demonstrable interest in business and financial issues
- A well-developed sense of client service
- Excellent attention to detail
- A proactive and analytical approach to problem solving
- A responsible person who is punctual and who can work to deadlines
- Demonstrate that you are an organised person
- Show effective communication skills by listening and asking the right questions
- Be good with information technology, ideally you will have used Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and / or an accountancy package,
- Be able to travel to client premises
- Be willing to travel to Aberdeen to attend University classes 4 times per year
The closing date is 28 June 2019