We have an excellent opportunity for you to start your career in an accountancy practice, by completing a Graduate Apprenticeship. The Graduate Apprenticeship in BA (Hons) Accounting with ICAS is an accredited work-based learning programme that combines an honours degree award from Robert Gordon University and the globally recognised ICAS Chartered Accounting qualification (CA) starting in September 2019.
We have an extensive range of clients from sole traders and partnerships to large limited companies and a significant number of charities. Students will be given experience of bookkeeping, VAT, audit, accounts preparation and corporation taxation plus the opportunity to work on other one-off projects. Initially our CA students are given practical experience with bookkeeping and preparing VAT returns before quickly moving on to accounts preparation and audit. Initial audit experience will be in an audit team, as an assistant, but with experience students will senior audits on their own before becoming the audit senior responsible for the audit team.
We offer an interesting and varied training experience with a high level of client and partner contact where students can expect early responsibility. We provide on-going support and training in a friendly office environment, where students are encouraged to share their training experiences.
Skills and personal attributes required:
- Have 4 SQA Highers (or equivalent) at B grade or above, including Maths and English, Accounting would be an advantage.
- Excellent attention to detail
- A proactive and analytical approach to problem solving
- A responsible person who is punctual and who can work to deadlines
- Demonstrate that you are an organised person
- Be willing to travel to Aberdeen to attend University classes 4 times per year