Unfortunately you do not meet the selection criteria for this employer and your application will not be submitted.
Entry requirements vary by Employer and so please review other vacancies posted
Chiene + Tait is an award-winning chartered accountancy firm of over 140 staff and thirteen partners. As we continue to grow and develop, we pride ourselves on quality and client focus, together with offering excellent professional development. Headquartered in the heart of Edinburgh’s city centre, we have further offices in Inverness and London.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Trainee Chartered Accountant to join Chiene + Tait as part of our Audit Assurance team. As part of your role in Audit, you will complete a professional Chartered Accountancy (CA) qualification under a three-year Training Contract with the Institute of Chartered Accountants Scotland (ICAS). Becoming a CA equips you with valuable, lifelong business expertise for your career ahead. At Chiene + Tait we couple this with early responsibility, a varied client-facing role, fully funded study support and a structured career pathway.
On completion of training, many of our post-qualified CA’s have decided to continue developing their career with Chiene + Tait. This demonstrates our commitment to offering a meaningful career for our Trainees – several of our partners also trained with the firm and through this, we offer you real-life expertise and mentoring support.
What you will do
You will train to become a Chartered Accountant with ICAS by joining our Audit department on a 4-year contract, usually starting and finishing by end of August. Like many organisations, we have adapted our working practices to ensure the safety of our team and our clients. Our teams are all currently working remotely, and this is likely to continue for the foreseeable future.
Your role will involve:
- Completion of audit fieldwork as directed by experienced colleagues either remotely or at client premises if circumstances allow.
- Checking client documentation is reported in accordance with accounting standards and legislative requirements.
- Testing clients’ accounts and compiling ratios for audit reports.
- Inputting information and running reports from Audit Automation software (CCH).
- Analysing clients’ financial information using IDEA CaseWare Data Analytic Software.
- Downloading client books and records from accounting software, such as Sage 50 and Xero.
- Accounts preparation where instructed, including inputting to ledgers.
- Supporting clients with the planning phase and acting as a liaison between the client teams and our office.
- Completing work within required timescales and according to budget.
- Where applicable, secondments may be offered to departments including Business Support, Annual Accounts and Taxation.
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone who can use initiative and work in an accountable manner. You should have:
- An honours degree or be expected to obtain an honours degree in any discipline.
- Commitment to achieve a Chartered Accountant qualification with willingness to undertake intensive training.
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Communication skills, with an ability to develop positive working relationships with clients, partners and fellow trainees alike.
- Motivation to see tasks to completion and to deliver a high standard of work.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to a variety of tasks and duties.
- Willingness to travel and ability to work away from home (with notice and if circumstances allow).
Apply using the link below, where you will be asked to register an online account with us to submit your CV and complete an application form. We will also require applicants to submit a short covering letter detailing what makes you a suitable candidate for this role and including your salary expectations and where applicable, your notice period.
We are keen to receive applications immediately and interviews will commence once a sufficient number of suitable applications has been received. This contract is anticipated to start in August 2021 but could start earlier, depending on availability.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
You must sign in to apply for this position.