Unfortunately you do not meet the selection criteria for this employer and your application will not be submitted.
Entry requirements vary by Employer and so please review other vacancies posted
At Chiene + Tait (“C+T”), the success of our business is founded on being able to recruit the best people, who share our values and are driven to make a positive impact. As a result, we are recognised as a market leader and a firm that creates real and lasting value for our clients. We provide you with opportunities to drive change and make a difference.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Audit Associate to join Chiene + Tait, as part of our Audit Assurance team. As part of your role, you will complete your professional ICAS qualification under our graduate training scheme. Becoming a qualified accountant equips you with valuable, lifelong business expertise for your career ahead. At Chiene + Tait we couple this with early responsibility, a varied client-facing role, fully funded study support and a structured career pathway.
On completion of training, many of our staff have decided to continue developing their career with Chiene + Tait. This demonstrates our commitment to offering a meaningful career for our Associates – several of our partners also trained with the firm and through this, we offer you real-life expertise and mentoring support.
What you will do
You will join our Audit team as part of our graduate training scheme. Like many organisations, we have adapted our working practices to ensure the safety of our team and our clients. Our teams are all currently working remotely, and we will move to a dynamic working model once government guidelines allow a return to the office.
Your role will involve:
- Completion of audit fieldwork as directed by experienced colleagues either remotely, in our offices or at client premises if circumstances allow.
- Checking client documentation is reported in accordance with accounting standards and legislative requirements.
- Testing clients’ accounts and compiling ratios for audit reports.
- Inputting information and running reports from Audit Automation software (CCH).
- Analysing clients’ financial information using IDEA CaseWare Data Analytic Software.
- Downloading client books and records from accounting software, such as Sage 50 and Xero.
- Accounts preparation where instructed, including inputting to ledgers.
- Supporting clients with the planning phase and acting as a liaison between the client teams and our office.
- Completing work accurately, within required timescales and according to budget.
- Where applicable, secondments may be offered to departments including Business Advisory, Annual Accounts and Taxation.
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone who can use initiative and work in an accountable manner. You should have:
- An honours degree or be expected to obtain an honours degree in any discipline.
- Commitment to achieve a professional qualification with willingness to undertake intensive training.
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Excellent organisation skills.
- Communication skills, with an ability to develop positive working relationships with clients, partners and fellow trainees alike.
- Motivation to see tasks to completion and to deliver a high standard of work.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to a variety of tasks and duties.
- Willingness to travel and ability to work away from home (with notice and if circumstances allow).
C+T brings together more than 150 specialists providing a wide range of high-quality professional services. Headquartered in the heart of Edinburgh’s city centre, we also have an office in Inverness and virtual offices in Glasgow and London. As members of a globally connected network of more than 175 firms in 83 countries, we bring world-class capabilities and high-quality services to clients, and a fantastic workplace culture and global opportunity to our people.
Apply using the link below, where you will be asked to register an online account with us to submit your CV and complete an application form. We will also require applicants to submit a short covering letter detailing what makes you a suitable candidate for this role and including your salary expectations and where applicable, your notice period.
We are keen to receive applications immediately and interviews will commence once a sufficient number of suitable applications has been received. This contract is anticipated to start in August 2022 but could start earlier, depending on availability.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
You must sign in to apply for this position.