Morgan Stanley’s Glasgow office employs in excess of 1,300 staff across Operations, Technology, Legal and Compliance, Internal Audit, Fund Services and Finance. Due to our growing business, we have a demand for career minded people to join our teams. Our opportunities offer unrivalled scope for progression and training within a fast paced, meritocratic and constantly changing environment. Morgan Stanley pride themselves on maintaining a culture which champions diversity, an inclusive environment for all, recognition and an opportunity to give back to our communities through various local charity partnerships. The office is located centrally and enjoys the additional benefits of an onsite gym and restaurant.
The Glasgow Finance Division helps senior management and its individual business units manage the firm’s risk by implementing financial controls over our business activities. The division is crucial to safeguarding the firm’s franchise, reporting on current performance, and evaluating business opportunities.
Global Disclosure Standards & Control (GDSC) team within Glasgow Finance division is part of a global GDSC team, producing certain financial disclosures of the Firm in accordance with multiple accounting and regulatory frameworks. We have a demand for career minded individuals to join our team.
The GDSC team is responsible for preparing certain financial disclosures of the Firm. These disclosures are produced in accordance with multiple accounting frameworks (US GAAP, IFRS and UK GAAP,) as well as preparation of components of Financial Regulatory reporting to the Federal Reserve and the Prudential Regulatory Authority. Key disclosure topics for GDSC include Fair value measurement, Derivatives, Collateral, Off balance sheet commitments and guarantees and Structured Entities.
As a result of the ever changing regulatory and financial reporting environment the team is a key contributor across numerous projects which arise as new requirements are issued. GDSC are also investing in ongoing continual enhancement of our disclosure production processes as well as our reporting control environment.
The GDSC team works closely with a number of stakeholders across the Firm including Global Product Controllers for the Institutional Securities Group business unit as well as Legal Entity Control, Treasury Control, and the International Accounting Policy Group.
The team currently consists of 19 members based in Glasgow as part of a wider Global GDSC team who sit in NY. The role advertised is a new role within the GDSC Glasgow team.
We are currently seeking an Analyst to join our GDSC Glasgow team. The Analyst will be involved in preparation of a number of complex disclosures compliant with a variety of financial reporting frameworks. Outside of the production cycle, the Analyst will contribute to key projects such as implementing new reporting requirements and implementing continuous process improvements.
Key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Preparing Firm US GAAP, local IFRS financial reporting and related Regulatory disclosures including, but not limited to those concerning derivatives and fair value measurement.
- Preparing commentary and analysis to support the disclosures collated
- Monitoring your progress against disclosure production timetables
- Communicating and escalating to line management
- Assisting in responding to review questions raised on disclosures prepared
- Presenting disclosures and analytics to members of Finance Senior Management
- Maintaining written procedures documents, ensuring key controls are in place
- Representing the organization with external parties including external auditors
Successful candidates for the role will:
- Be qualified to degree level
- Have a relevant degree
- Have a track record in delivering against deadlines
- Be control focused with a high regard for attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written are essential
- Have a working knowledge of financial instruments
- Self-motivated with the ability to work consistently and efficiently to achieve goals either as an individual or as part of a team
- Proficient with Microsoft Office - Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Have an awareness of the challenges facing the financial services industry and within a financial reporting environment
The following personal attributes are important for this role:
- Solid analytical skills
- Team worker
- Well organised
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.