We are a progressive practice based in Fife and have a growing client base throughout the country, ranging from individuals and family businesses to professional partnerships and commercial companies. We like to get to know our clients and their business so that we become part of their team. We always want to exceed client expectations.
We are now looking to recruit a Trainee Chartered Accountant to join us in September 2019.
During your training contract you will be exposed to all aspects and areas of accounting and gain experience in both direct and indirect taxation, as well as high levels of client contact.
The formal study element will compliment your day-to-day on the job learning.
You will be able to develop your technical skills in accounting and taxation, as well as your soft skills of communication and team work.
You will work well under pressure and be strong at communicating with people from a variety of backgrounds.
You must be able to multi-task and have a strong desire to learn. This is a fast pace working environment and only those who are dedicated and self motivated will succeed.
In addition, you will share our values, be approachable and able to work collaboratively, and demonstrate a desire to contribute to the ongoing success of the firm.
Skills and personal attributes required:
- A good level of education and academic ability (Minimum 2:1 degree, in a relevant degree)
- and have a SQA higher (or equivalent) in both Maths and English,
- Excellent communication skills - both written and oral
- A demonstrable interest in business and financial issues
- A well-developed sense of client service
- Excellent attention to detail
- A proactive and analytical approach to problem solving
Study and financial support for ICAS qualification will be provided.