In an ever-changing economic landscape, new risks are never far away. Banking disasters, economic hard times and high profile corporate failures are just some examples of risks that can befall business, but there are plenty more that do not make the headlines.
The Risk Advisory Services (RAS) Team help organisations to identify, understand and respond to these increasingly complex risks, which can arise from many factors including globalisation, changing technologies and evolving regulation. As well as enabling our clients to meet all their governance, risk and compliance needs, we also help them to respond proactively to those risks and seize opportunities.
Our internal audit and controls services enable companies to test and improve their internal controls, resulting in a stronger and more confident business. Similarly, our risk management services don’t just help to avert disaster – they can also enhance business performance. We can also examine the governance of an organisation – how effectively it is being run – and benchmark the performance of its Board and Audit Committee against the best examples.
Our internal audit approach is based on the framework that recognises our client’s different needs and expectations from their internal audit function and which is aligned to International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
As an Audit Trainee within RAS you will be part of the team both on-site at clients, and in the office, ensuring that all aspects of an audit and assurance assignment are completed on time and within budget.
BDO offer the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland (ICAS) qualification and there's never been a better time to train to become a Chartered Accountant (CA). The CA qualification is exceptional. An internationally respected qualification, that provides you with the knowledge, skills and values to become a highly regarded and sought-after business professional You can look forward to an interesting and varied career. The duration of this programme is 36 months.
Business Area Overview
• Complete allocated work to budget and timescale and the appropriate level of quality, following the RAS methodology and utilising Vision as appropriate, keeping the relevant manager informed of progress and issues
• Deliver exceptional client service through clear communication, both written and verbal and to ensure that a professional approach is maintained at all times. Note our key deliverable from the work we do is the production of a report, which needs to be of a high standard
• Support other graduates effectively and to be an effective RAS team member
• Have an understanding of the future direction of RAS, which relates to winning new clients, and gaining an understanding of business development e.g. assisting Senior RAS staff in identifying and bidding for new clients as well as conducting client-take-on procedures
• Successfully study towards your professional qualification and, where relevant, corresponding apprenticeship
Candidates must have, or be on course for the following grades (or international equivalent):
•A minimum 2.2 degree in any discipline
•3 A Levels at grades A*- C, or Scottish Advanced Higher or Higher grade equivalent, excluding General Studies and Extended Projects
•Grade 9-4 in English Language & Maths GCSE, or Scottish National 5 equivalent
We are looking for candidates who possess strengths that are aligned to: Business Thinking, Collaborating, Innovation and Change, Communicating, Developing Self and others, Decision Making, Reasoned judgement, and Analytical skills.