As businesses grow, so do the challenges they face. BDO’s advisory services help our clients to meet these challenges at every stage of their life cycle. Such key events might include buying a new business, or exiting one in order to extract maximum value. A business might run into financial difficulties – we can help there too, stepping in to stabilise and restructure the organisation. We have other advisers who specialise in resolving legal disputes with a financial dimension (this is called forensic accounting) or in fighting fraud. A company may wish to expand internationally, float on a stock exchange, manage its risk or achieve specific long-term objectives – our advisory streams provide expert support in all these areas and more.
The Valuations team provides valuation advice to a wide variety of clients from individuals to large listed companies and works across all business sectors. Valuation work may be required for a number of different reasons, including accounting, commercial, disputes and tax.
As an analyst, your role will primarily involve working closely with, and supporting senior members within the team, and assisting in the timely delivery of services. You will gain understanding and experience in share and business valuations work
In addition to the formal ICAS training you will receive on-the-job training in valuations and will be involved in all aspects of the work, working in a friendly, national team. Valuations work requires a combination of good numerical and analytical skills, as well as curiosity to find out about all kinds of business and markets and work out what are the key factors to take into account for our work.
BDO offer the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Scotland (ICAS) qualification and there's never been a better time to train to become a Chartered Accountant (CA). The CA qualification is exceptional. An internationally respected qualification, that provides you with the knowledge, skills and values to become a highly regarded and sought-after business professional You can look forward to an interesting and varied career. The duration of this programme is 36 months.
Business Area Overview
• Carry out research specified by more senior members of staff. This will generally relate to the compilation of information in connection with specific quoted and unquoted companies and their related markets
• General research that may be useful for marketing or other purposes
• Utilisation of all available sources, including the internet, in house and external databases, Bloomberg and reference libraries
• Act as back up to the Group, and the Department, in administration matters as required
• Carry out directed research and develop this research using own initiative
• Analyse company accounts and financial markets’ data
• Participate in sales and marketing initiatives and assist in the organisation and smooth running of marketing events.
• Support and assist managers and partners on ad-hoc projects as required
• Successfully study towards your professional qualification and, where relevant, corresponding apprenticeship
Candidates must have, or be on course for the following grades (or international equivalent):
•A minimum 2.2 degree in any discipline
•3 A Levels at grades A*- C, or Scottish Advanced Higher or Higher grade equivalent, excluding General Studies and Extended Projects
•Grade 9-4 in English Language & Maths GCSE, or Scottish National 5 equivalent
We are looking for candidates who possess strengths that are aligned to: Business Thinking, Collaborating, Innovation and Change, Communicating, Developing Self and others, Decision Making, Reasoned judgement, and Analytical skills.