Unfortunately you do not meet the selection criteria for this employer and your application will not be submitted.
Entry requirements vary by Employer and so please review other vacancies posted
AAB is one the UK’s leading Chartered Accountants and Business Advisory Firms. We currently have Graduate positions available in our Audit team, in various locations across Scotland.
We are looking for the next generation of trainee business advisors to join our team of happy people. If you have recently graduated/away to graduate from university and are a committed, flexible, enthusiastic, involved professional we want you in our team!
Our graduate programme is tailored to support you and the development of your career from day one all the way through to qualification. The firm will pay for your professional qualification materials and exams – the only thing you need to focus on is the studying. We aim to empower our people to become the best that they can be and provide them with the tools to develop themselves personally, going beyond their technical ability and out with their field of expertise to become the leaders of our future.
Successful applicants are offered a training contract, working in either our Aberdeen, Edinburgh or Glasgow offices, and on top of a generous professional study package, graduates are offered a highly competitive salary and excellent benefits, such as hybrid and agile working, private medical and dental cover.
Professional Study options include:
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
We receive a great number of applications annually therefore the competition for a trainee position is strong. We accept applicants from any degree background, along with the following entry requirements:
- 2:1 degree with honours (with offers made conditional on final degree results)
- AABB at Higher lever (or equivalent)
- Minimum B grade in both English and Maths at National 5 (or equivalent)
- An interest in technology
- A passion for pursuing a career in an accountancy and business advisory firm
- Credit is given to those with accounting/financial related work experience and/or experience in technology/computing.
As part of our culture at AAB, we assess all of our candidates who join the firm at any level on our people qualities.
Our application process is simple and designed around the fact that we want to get to know ‘you.’ Our application process consists of:
- Online Application Form
- Video Exercise- The Elevator Pitch
- Job Offer
Applications close at 1pm on 4 November 2021. Please state within your application which location you are interested in, if you have a preference.
Our culture keeps the layers simple and the relationship personal. We know that our success is down to one thing, our people, and we make sure looking after our people is at the heart of everything we do.
So, what are some of the main reasons why you may want to consider joining AAB?
· Hybrid, agile and family friendly working practices to enable you to manage your work life alongside your home life
· Ongoing personalised coaching and mentoring programmes to maximize your potential
· Full payment of private healthcare and dental care
· Regular updates from our Health & Wellbeing team and access to all Headspace resources
· We’re energetic people who like nothing more than having a bit of fun; with our Social Club organising frequent staff events and initiatives
· Volunteering leave through the Anderson Anderson & Brown Charitable Initiative (AABi)
· Working at a recognised Best Company and Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For
· Regular communication from our leadership team regarding AAB Group activities and initiatives
You can find out more about what it is like to work at AAB directly from our people. Read our Life at AAB blogs to hear from people across our teams.
CSR at AAB
CSR and promoting good in society have always been integrated into the foundations of AAB. We aim to protect the environment, advance education and support the communities we operate in. Through signing the Scottish Business Pledge we have also made the commitment to fairness, equality, opportunity and innovation across the AAB Group, in order to aid in the sustainable and inclusive growth of our Group and Scotland’s economy.
Our Charitable Initiative
The Anderson Anderson & Brown Charitable Initiative (AABi) is the platform which facilitates all at AAB to invest in the communities in which they operate by seeking partnerships with charities and inviting applications for donations, grants and volunteer time. As mentioned above, each AAB employee can take part in a day of volunteering leave and is encouraged to take part in fundraising activities to allow AABi to continue to support charities in our operating areas.
For many years, and especially since our Aberdeen office moved to an eco-building within the Prime Four Business Park, we have strived to limit our environmental impact. To build on this, in 2018 our Green Team was formed. Since the implementation of this team within the Group there have been significant, tangible improvements, as well as better general awareness of our impact on the environment. When working at AAB, you’ll be part of a conscientious team who care about environmental impact and who contribute to AAB’s efforts in protecting our planet.
Find out more about CSR and Life at AAB here.
Please look out for us at your university career and ICAS fairs. If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
You must sign in to apply for this position.