Morgan Stanley is more than a leading financial services firm. With offices spanning 42 countries and talented, passionate people bringing excellence and integrity to everything we do, the firm is truly global. Throughout the firm’s history, diverse and talented individuals have worked together to develop our new ideas and ground breaking financial products.
Placement and duration
The 13-week Fund Services Summer Analyst Program is aimed at students in their 2nd or 3rd year of university and runs in Glasgow from June through September. Interns are placed in roles based on their interests, feedback from the interview process and current business needs.
Training begins with a Firmwide induction along with peers from other divisions of the Firm. This is followed by a series of sessions delivered by Talent Management. In addition to the initial training, Summer Analysts will also receive considerable on-the-job training, a series of “Lunch & Learns,” networking events and work-shadowing opportunities.
As a Summer Analyst, responsibilities may include:
- Computation of monthly “Net Asset Value” (NAV) for hedge funds.
- Daily processing and accounting of all fund security and financial transactions.
- Daily reconciliation of fund's assets with custodians, prime brokers and counterparties.
- Preparation of draft year-end Financial Statements.
- Investor/Shareholder accounting and reporting, including multiple series and side-pocket accounting.
Qualifications/ Skills/ Requirements
- You are an undergraduate student with outstanding academic achievements and are on track for a 2.1 honours degree or equivalent.
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You are a team player and excellent communicator.
- You are able to multi-task and pay close attention to detail.
- You are client-service oriented.
Application Process & Deadlines
Applications close on Sunday 25 November 2018.
Candidates must apply online at www.morganstanley.com/campus and are encouraged to apply early as we recruit on an ongoing basis. Applicants will be required to complete online tests within 48 hours of submitting an application. Please note we may also have some additional Off-cycle positions available throughout the year, depending on business needs.