Morgan Stanley is more than a leading financial services firm. With offices spanning 42 countries and talented, passionate people bringing excellence and integrity to everything we do, the firm is truly global. Throughout the firm’s history, diverse and talented individuals have worked together to develop our new ideas and ground breaking financial products.
Placement and Duration
The Full-time Analyst Program takes place in Glasgow and typically begins in August. Analysts are hired for specific teams based on their interests, feedback from the interview process and the current business needs.
Training involves division-specific sessions, including business overviews and technical training, as well as courses on product and industry knowledge, professional skills and personal effectiveness. The Program also includes Corporate & Social Responsibility activities.
As an Analyst, your responsibilities may include:
- Computation of monthly “Net Asset Value” (NAV) for hedge funds.
- Daily processing and accounting of all fund security and financial transactions.
- Daily reconciliation of fund's assets with custodians, prime brokers and counterparties.
- Preparation of draft year-end Financial Statements.
- Investor/Shareholder accounting and reporting, including multiple series and side-pocket accounting.
Qualifications/ Skills/ Requirements
- You are an undergraduate student with outstanding academic achievements and are on track for a 2.1 honours degree or equivalent.
- You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- You are a team player and excellent communicator.
- You are able to multi-task and pay close attention to detail.
- You are client-service oriented
Application Process & Deadlines
Applications close on Sunday 25 November 2018.
Candidates must apply online at www.morganstanley.com/campus and are encouraged to apply early as we recruit on an ongoing basis. Applicants will be required to complete online tests within 48 hours of submitting an application. Please note we may also have some additional Off-cycle positions available throughout the year, depending on business needs.