Terms and Conditions
BecomeaCA.org.uk (BecomeaCA) is owned and operated by ICAS – the professional body of CAs. By using our site and our services you agree to our terms and conditions and of third parties.
BecomeaCA uses session cookies only and solely for the purposes of navigating and using the website. Any cookies are deleted as soon as your session is completed. We do not use or store cookies for any other purpose.
2. Data protection
3. Use of the site
Our services provide job sourcing to prospective employees, employment opportunities for careers and staffing purposes. All downloads of information may be printed but not for commercial use. Other information may not be copied, distributed or forwarded from this site. All copyright, database rights and other intellectual property rights in the site and the material available on the site belong to ICAS. No proprietary rights apply.
4. Service agreement
We will make every effort to maintain a continuous service but on occasion there will be interruptions and delays to the site out of our control. We are at liberty to alter design and functionality of the site at any time.
I. ‘Customer’ refers to one of the following:
‘Employer’ means any business posting a direct vacancy
‘Recruiter’ means any recruitment firm posting vacancies on behalf of their client
‘Candidate’ any user of the site who is registered as an:
- Active – user of the site who is actively seeking a new opportunity
- Passive – user who has a profile on the site but not actively seeking a new opportunity
II. ‘Advertising Agreement” means a request for Services on a form provided by us (in any format) and signed by a Customer;
III. ‘Services’ means, all recruitment products and services made available by us;
IV. ‘Job Posting(s)’ means the unit of "job vacancies" a Customer can purchase.
V. ‘Contract Month’ means a period of 30 days commencing on the start date specified in the Advertising Agreement and ending the day before the same date in the next calendar month. For example, the calendar month commencing on 15 June and ending 14 July. All job postings will expire at the end of the agreed period.
VI. ‘Contract Term’ means the full term specified on the Advertising Agreement and the length of time Services are provided.
4.2 Changes to these Terms and Conditions
ICAS may add to or change these Terms and Conditions from time to time. All additions and changes will be notified to you by being posted on this page. You should review these Terms and Conditions regularly because they are binding on you as a candidate, recruiter or employer.
4.3 Loading Jobs
We will undertake to load job postings within 24 hours, this may be within seconds but we guarantee Within 24 hours.
5. The Candidate Database
5.1 Employer and Recruiters
Access to the candidate database will be given after confirmation of an Advertising Agreement has been received. It is then the responsibility of the Employer and Recruiter to manage their use of the database and keep their login details confidential. ICAS may deny access to login details if we reasonably believe that they are being used by an unauthorised person or that the user is in breach of these terms and conditions.
5.2 Database Rights
ICAS has all database rights, copyright and intellectual property rights to the candidate database. You have no rights to retain databases or use databases without consent.
5.3 Using our database
Your database search will be in accordance with your contract:
A. Downloading, use of back office site, functionality, suitability of candidates.
B. Use of individuals for specific job vacancy.
C. Use of information for own recruitment purposes under terms of the contract.
5.4 As Recruiter or Employer you may not:
I. Sell, copy, forward to third party for the use of licensed material, supply for profit or inappropriate Use. Automatically download the database
II. Suitable candidates are only to be used for job vacancies in accordance with data protection act (1998).
III. You are liable for hacking into BecomeaCA if your anti-virus software is not updated or fully functional.
5.5 Replacement of Database material
You are obligated to delete all old material uploaded to the site and replace it with current or up to Date literature.
5.6 Candidate Courtesy
ICAS are not liable for any disputes brought about by accessing the candidate database or any disputes between your chosen applicants and yourselves.
5.7 Accuracy of Information
You are responsible for ensuring that any information you provide to Candidates through BecomeaCA is accurate, complete and that you are an authorised representative of your company. If ICAS has any reason to believe that any information you have supplied is false, inaccurate or not related to your company, we may remove your ability to log in to the site and may prohibit you from using this site.
As a recruiter or employer using the site you should consider the following:
· Check the identity of the employee.
· Check experience, training and qualifications.
· Check authorization required by law.
· Obtain 2 references and criminal record checks in accordance with the criminal records bureau.
You are responsible for ensuring that any information you provide BecomeaCA is accurate, complete and your own. If ICAS has any reason to believe that any information you have supplied is false, inaccurate or not your own, we may remove your ability to log in to the site and may prohibit you from using this site.
If you are looking for work you should consider the following:
· Check the identity of the recruiter
· Nature of the business
· Commencement date and duration of position
· Type of work
· Location, hours and health and safety
· Experience, training, qualifications and authorisation necessary by law to undertake the position
· Expenses associated with attending interviews etc
6. Terms and conditions of business for recruiters and employers
6.1 Third party suppliers and suitability of employees.
Clients should take independent verification to protect themselves against loss or damage.
We are not responsible for any loss or damage suffered by a third party as a result of using our site, we are also not responsible for loss of earnings, profit, consequential loss or speculative loss which includes, death or personal injury caused by negligence.
Services will only commence once an order form has been processed and returned to us, approved and signed by the customer. Services will only commence when payment has been received and cleared unless otherwise agreed by ICAS or Think our advertising agent.
ICAS are not liable for;
· CVs and job postings provided by the site which have initiated from an agent.
· CV content advertisements.
Prices are in accordance with our Rate card and for the time period stated on our order form.
Any discounts agreed in writing are confidential to ICAS and may not be disclosed by the customer to a third party.
All prices on our rate card’s are exclusive of VAT. Single job postings and job packages must be paid for in advance. Where a separate contract has been agreed, invoices are payable within 30 days from invoice date. Depending on the size of a contract for Services, other than job postings, it may be possible to pay for the Services on a monthly basis. If this is the case, any Advertising Agreement relating to Services for a ‘monthly contract’ will mean the calendar month commencing on the start date specified in the Advertising Agreement and ending the day before the same date in the next calendar month. For example, the calendar month commencing on 15 June and ending 14 July. All job postings will expire at the end of the agreed period.
Any late payment will entitle us to suspend provision of Services. ICAS reserves the right to charge interest at 3% above the Bank of Scotland base rate on account balances not settled within 30 days of the invoice date.
6.4 Payment by credit card
All payments via credit cards to ICAS are free to use.
We do not refund any amounts unless there are mitigating circumstances. ICAS will make every effort to resolve any disputes and provide a high level of customer service.
This site and our terms and conditions are interpreted with Scottish law and all disputes will be held in a Scottish Court.
6.6 Closure of account
The Customer may close their account and terminate the provision of Services under any Advertising Agreement giving no less than 30 days’ notice at the end of a Contract Month. Closure of account by the Customer before the end of the Contract Month may, at our discretion, result in loss of discounts agreed for the entire Contract Term.
Either party may terminate provision of Services immediately by giving written notice to the other party if that other party:
I. remains in breach of a material obligation for more than 14 days after the non-breaching party has given the party in breach a written notice specifying the breach and requiring its remedy; or
II. enters into liquidation or any composition with its creditors, or has a resolution passed to wind up (except for amalgamation or reconstruction) or has a receiver, administrator or administrative receiver appointed over all or any part of its assets; or ceases permanently to trade or threatens to do so
III. Termination of the agreement will not affect any rights or obligations of either party which have accrued as at that date.
IV. ICAS may immediately terminate Services to a Customer by giving the Customer written notice if the Customer does anything which in the reasonable opinion of ICAS could damage the reputation of the website, or otherwise bring ICAS into disrepute.
7. Limitation of Liability
We will not be liable for any instance of personal injury or any instance of negligence during the contract term for our services. ICAS reserves the right at any time to remove any material from the site which it believes to be salacious, defamatory or offensive or which ICAS believes may be in breach of a third party's rights, such as a third party's intellectual property or confidentiality rights.
You agree to indemnify ICAS on a full and continuing basis against any loss or damage suffered or costs (including legal costs) incurred by ICAS in defending any action brought against ICAS as a result of any information you have posted on the web site.
7.4 Our site conditions
At our discretion and without liability, it is within our rights to remove any job posting that breaches our site rules:
The Rules are:
- Candidates should not post incomplete, false or inaccurate biographical information or information which is not in line with your own accurate career profile and CV.
- Duplicate posting in the form of copying jobs held in other adverts is prohibited
- We reserve the right to remove any advertising which refers to any franchise, pyramid scheme, multi-level marking (MLM) opportunity, "club membership", distributors or sales representative agency arrangements or other business opportunities
- All jobs placed on BecomeaCA for genuine job opportunities only
- All job adverts placed on BecomeaCA should be for qualified or relevant to qualified accountants only (Candidates with an Accountancy qualification).
- Obvious use of keywords in any job description or job titles is prohibited. This means deliberately inserting words, or strings of words, or repeating job titles, with the intention of influencing position in the results listing, or increasing the number of page views.
- Insertion of any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, libelous, and vulgar or materials which infringe or violate any third party’s copyright, trademark, trade secrets, privacy or other proprietary or property rights or that could constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable law is prohibited.
- No impersonation of any person or entity, including without limitation an ICAS employee or agent or an authorised user of BecomeaCA Services, a Candidate, an Employer or a Recruiter, or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with any person or entity.
- No posting or uploading of opinions, notice or advertisement, commercial or otherwise or the solicitation of business from Recruiters who post on the Website, including any solicitation by any of our competitors of Recruiters or Employers who post on the Website.
I. Job postings which contain discriminatory elements such as sex, race and disability may result in legal proceedings. At will, we will remove such advertisements without refund and inform you accordingly.
II. All clients must agree to act in a professional manner and you are unable to take action against CAJobs or ICAS in the event of a court case.
III. We do not guarantee responses to job postings or suitability for the role you are obligated to take your own checks to ensure suitability of the applicant, qualifications and personal characteristics. We encourage you to make direct contact with candidates who do not fit the role and appropriate notification should be given
IV. All machinery and technical assistance provided to the applicant will be your responsibility.
V. Uploading external links from your posting which are illegal or could result in a dispute with BecomeaCA will be removed.
8. Online Advertisers
All Advertisers must adhere to online advertising terms and conditions which can be found here.